Tuesday 24 May 2016

Yoga. Cuz I'm Man Enough Day 3


I admit, I was already composing tonight's post, which was explaining why I didn't YOGA today. I had it down pat - worked all day, school called to say my daughter fell off the playground and bumped her head, get Nana to come do some emergency nana-sitting while I went back into town, bought dinner to BBQ when I get home, feed Nana, grampa, and the family, go to Firehall for an early training course then home and to bed. How could I possibly fit YOGA into that packed schedule?

By the trainer ending class a half-hour early... damn. So I made it home by 930 where wife was ready with YOGA mats and Day 3.

I accomplished most of today, noticing more of the absurd terms that come up in YOGA to describe things that don't need to sound absurd. "Notice your breath". Go to Mountain Pose (stand up straight). Volcano Pose (hands over your head). I did well, only failing to even try the physically impossible for male 'hold the baby' pose, which is nothing like it sounds.

Not a YOGA Pose, unfortunately
 And to the delight of my wife, I only farted once - I knew it was going to happen eventually. You can only squish your abdomen up so much until some air is bound to escape out one way or another.  

Day 3 down, still no epiphanies. Except for the hold the baby thing but I don't think that counts.

You're joking, right? says every Man everywhere...



No comments:

Post a Comment