Monday 23 May 2016

Yoga. Cuz I'm Man Enough Day 2


On a scale of 10 of how much I wanted to YOGA today, I'd give it a zero point five. And that point five is only because I'd feel like complete shit if I didn't get past Day One of this 30 Day Challenge.

Mostly this is because we've been spending all day painting the play room. And other than a quick run to Home Depot to buy 1 more quart of paint because we were pretty sure another gallon was too much and we still need one more quart so we didn't finish and it's still a mess down there with a lot of overflow toys, shelves and now a pink pop-up tent castle taking up the living room aka YOGA Central.

But I did it. I completed Day 2. As big events go, this is like finding the buffet table at the Meet and Greet for Survivor so nothing to get excited about. But by the time we got the kids to bed it was 8pm. A fact I didn't point out yesterday that it's awful hard to YOGA when the kids are watching and wondering what the hell you are doing. So as I tried to follow along with my TV teacher, the only thing that seemed evident was I need to get the TV down to eye level. The crink in my neck isn't helping my YOGA chi or whatever it's called.

So Day 2 done. Do I feel any different or better? No. Like I told my wife, the way people talk about YOGA-ing, I'm expecting this great epiphany to happen or at the very least a full body orgasm. All I have after two days is a sore neck (from trying to see the TV) and a sore right shoulder (which I'd say is more to the full day of painting). Did the YOGA take the pain away? Do I feel more at one with the universe? No and no.

And the only move I know is Downward Dog and now something called a baby cobra which is basically lying on my stomach with my head up. And then we ended it with another lie down for a minute to 'get our breath back' or something which wasn't too hard for me as I wasn't breathing hard.

YOGA is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment